Jameel Ahmed is a barber in Chakra Goth, Karachi. Jameel says that after PTP’s min-MBA and consulting program , his perception about his business has changed for the better. Before engaging with the PTP team Jameel saw little potential in his micro-enterprise; at best making ends meet, providing for daily profits of PKR 200-250 ($2 to $2.50), post engagement daily profits have increased to PKR 250-400 ($2.50 to $4). This increase in profits has ensured that Jameel is no longer compelled to take frequent small loans from extended family, friends and/or loan sharks. His economic success has also reflected positively on his household, Jameel has taken his children out of a sub-standard government school and enrolled them in a private school. With PTP’s assistance, Jameel is working towards further expanding his business, with the aim of owning a bigger barber shop; Jameel is also planning to increase capacity at his current shop by installing a second barber chair and taking on an apprentice; creating employment in his community.
- Double digit revenue and profitability growth for the participants enterprise
- Financial independence and awareness
- Inclusion of participant’s children in mainstream education
- Social mobility
- Self-esteem and sense of ‘right’ amongst participants
- Improved understanding of and appreciation civic rights and duty
Help us course correct another marginalised micro-entrepreneur’s livelihood and future prospects, get in touch.